Monday, July 11, 2005

Union Square Progress

Well, the weekend is over & it's back to work. Hopefully this week will not be as hectic as last week. Quarter-end close is always such a busy time. Things should slow up a bit after earnings release this Wednesday.

I'm hoping to get the proofs later this week for Jake's invitations. If all goes well, we should have the invitations completed & delivered to us by the end of July. That will give us plenty of time to finalize the guest list and address/print out envelopes. For Adam's Bar Mitzvah, we lucked out and were able to find a font close enough to his invitations with which to address the envelopes. Hopefully, we'll have the same luck with Jacob's. My plan is to mail the invitations by early September, maybe late August. I have to set up a time with the caterer to go over the menu. I was thinking of doing that this week, but may wait a week. Jake will be away for three days this week, and next week, I may have jury duty, so scheduling a time with the caterer may be tough. I may just wait a couple weeks. I can't believe the Bar Mitzvah is less than 4 months away. The nerves are beginning to set in.

I made a little bit of progess on the Union Square Market Pullover. I finished the hem. Using the figure 8 cast on method and 2 needles did the trick. It made it quite easy to "seam" the hem. I'm on the body of the sweater now, and am approaching the 2nd decrease round. I really like the colors I chose. The light blue provides a nice contrast to the navy and will look good as the accent.



I still have a pair of socks OTN. I'm just past the gusset, so things should go fairly quickly, but only if I actually work on it! I'm thinking of casting on for another dishcloth. I finished my first one a couple days ago. It was a fun & quick project.

No comments: