Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The buzz around town is...

I think I may begin the HoneyBee Stole soon. I was all set to cast on for another Endless Summer top (by Katherine Hunt) tonight (& I think I still will) but I was buzzzzzzzing around Ravelry this morning and couldn't resist the sweet pull of the honey bee. I'm thinking of using my stash of Claudia Handpainted Silk Lace in Earth. I was going to use this for the Swallow Tail Shawl but never really got going on this.


HoneyBee Stole photo courtesy of Knitspot.com Pattern Shop



For Endless Summer, I'm going to make it a size smaller this time because my first attempt came out a bit large. I'm also going to knit it in Patons Grace in black, red & pink, pretty much the same color combo as from the original pattern. The only difference is that I'm going to put the red where the pink is and the pink where the red is.


Endless Summer photo courtesy of Knitter's 87, Summer 2007



J has started Track & Field and I figure knitting Endless Summer at his meets & invitationals will be much easier than knitting the stole. So during the downtime when he's not running, I can be knitting!

1 comment:

KnittingMoose said...

Pretty projects! I really want to make a stole/wrap thingy too, but I'm so afraid I'll get bored and/or tired of it. I need to find one that changes pattern now and then like that one.

Can't wait to see your progress!