Monday, September 14, 2009

Anyone got a banana?????

Introducing: SPUNKY MONKEY SPUMONI

I've finally begun Cookie A's Monkey socks from the 2006 Winter issue of Knitty. I have coveted this pattern since it first came out but had not gotten around to knitting it until now. I love, love, love the pattern. I also really love the yarn. I am using KnitPicks Felici in the Gelato colorway. It is sooooooo soft. I would categorize the yarn as a light fingering weight - very, very thin. The yarn is especially delightful to work with.



I also had made these with the yarn, another Cookie A pattern (Pomatomus), and fell in love with the yarn back then.

And joy of joys, the new Knitty, Fall 2009, just came out and there is yet another sock pattern, Clandestine, by Cookie A that is in my knitting future!

No comments: