Thursday, December 07, 2006

Coronet: Cabled Hat

I finished one pair of wrist warmers (Fetching) & decided to make something different for co-worker #2 so I am making Coronet from the Winter 2003 issue of Knitty. I am using the Paprika colorway of Red Heart Soft Yarn and size 8 (5.0mm) Clover Bamboo circular needles.

Fetching Complete



Coronet begins...



The honey colored yarn you see to the left is my provisional cast on. Once the cable band is complete, I will need to graft the two ends together. I'm not very good at the kitchner stitch, so I may just do a 3-needle bind off. That's what I used for the cuff of my Fiesta Feet!

I just found out about a craft circle at work a little over a week ago & went for the first time last Thursday. We meet again today at lunch and I can't wait. I'll bring Coronet and work on her there. Last week I worked on my Fiesta Feet! which has currently moved to the back burner so I can complete my gift knitting for my co-workers.

No comments: