Friday, April 27, 2007

90% Complete

As the heading states, I am 90% complete --

-- on Icarus.

It's now taking about a half hour to complete each row. I completed 2 rows at lunch today, sitting outside under the beautiful sunny blue skies of Northern California. What a delight. Then I had to go back to work.

I have 7 rows left of chart 4 and 5 rows of the edging and then I will be finished with the knitting. So, that's 12 rows at a minumum of 30 minutes each, or at least 6 more hours of knitting. And because the stitch count increases with every other row, I'll probably be up to 45 minutes or even an hour per row once I am on the edging. I would estimate probably another 8 to 10 hours total on the shawl. Then, of course, it needs to get blocked. I think I am still looking at a few more weeks, with sock knitting added in here & there. I cast on for Icarus May 19, 2006, which means I have just enough time (I think) to complete it before the year marker hits me in the head. I have 22 days to knit 12 rows & block. I think I can manage that -- or so you would think. BUT - only time will tell.

No comments: