Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Change of Mind

Well, I was originally going to knit the Swallowtail Shawl, and actually cast on and knit up a couple of rows, but after talking to E in my knitting group, I decided to make a stole instead. I've made so many triangle shaped shawls anyway (which I never wear). In chatting with E, I discovered she was thinking of getting back into lace by knitting a rectangle shawl, and that got me to thinking - a rectangle - why not???

I had been eyeing Eunny Jang's Print O' The Wave Stole for quite some time, now, but had steered away from it because I did not like the fact of knitting the two halves separately and then grafting the halves together. After browsing through Eunny's gallery of other knitter's stoles, I relaized that you could do this all in one piece without grafting. So, that's what I am going to do. At the midway point, I may try reversing the pattern to see if I get the same look as Eunny's original piece, or I may just keep the pattern going in one direction. I'll have to swatch the pattern to see what it does.

In the mean time, I have started the stole and am up to row 26. I'm using 100% silk, lace weight yarn by Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in the Earth colorway.






THE DETAILS SO FAR
Pattern: Print O' The Wave Stole by Eunny Jang
Date: Cast On: 06.19.07
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Yarn, Earth, 100% silk, lace weight
Needles: Size 3 US (3.25mm), KnitPicks Classic circular needles, 24"

1 comment:

KnittingMoose said...

I have my eye on the Print o the Wave Stole too. I will be excited to watch your progress with it. I agree about the triangle vs. rectangular shawls, too. I like the idea of making a triangular one, but I think I'd wear a rectangular one more!