Friday, February 05, 2010

Love is a many splendid stitches

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweater I am knitting. It's a pattern by Suvi Simola and it's called Baby Cables and Big Ones Too. It was love at first sight. As soon as I saw this, I knew I just had to knit it. It's so unusual and so stunning and so design savvy. This is the first time I have ever come across a pattern in which I was struck so profoundly.

And it is such a joy to knit. The pattern is very easy to follow, although I have to admit it was daunting at first. But, I wrote out the charts and aligned them in the correct order and am having no difficulty at all knitting this little gem. I'm using Filatora di Crosa Zara in Oatmeal and it is very soft. And with garter stitch, it is extra squishy.

I love the pattern; I love the design; I love the cables; I love the garter stitch; I love the yarn; I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PROJECT!!!

I had thought about knitting this for the Ravelympics 2010, rather than the Vine Yoke Cardigan, but I wanted to start on this right away, and as you know, anything knit for the Ravelympics cannot be cast on until opening ceremonies on February 12. So my beautiful, wonderful Baby Cables and Big Ones Too will forego olympic fame...



No comments: