Thursday, November 10, 2005

Alpaca Cloud Update on FF&L

For those of you keeping stats:

My first hank of Alpaca Cloud got me through approximately 33,500 stitches (about 3/4 of the way through round 103) of the Frost Flowers & Leaves shawl. If that holds true through out my shawl, that would put me at about 4.8 hanks needed for this project. Keep in mind that I am using smaller needles than the pattern suggested (size 3 us; 3.25mm). This is supposed to knit up to a huge shawl and I wanted mine to be somewhat smaller. I am, after all, only about 5'1" tall.

I'm still using the 24" length needles but may switch to the 29" soon. That way I can spread out the shawl a tiny bit more to get some pictures. I have the 29" in INOX, but I think that's the longest they go, so I'll have to use my 40" Addi Turbos once I outgrow the 29". The problem with the Addi's is that their tips are more blunt than those of the INOX. I like to use pointy tips for lace. Oh well, at least this pattern does not call for any K3TOG. It's at that point where you really want to use pointy needles. The only other problem I can foresee with the Addi's will be that they will be real slippery. That would be a complete disaster if my stitches fell off the needles.

I'll try to stretch out my blob of peppermint to take some pictures so you can get an idea of how things are coming along. As you know with lace, until you have blocked your project, you really cannot get a true picture of how things are progressing -- except by the size of the blob.

No comments: