Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fuzzy Wuzzy


Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy
Was he



---- well ----
my Fuzzy Wuzzy did have hair
---- but ----
my Fuzzy Wuzzy had no flair


My Fuzzy Wuzzy was a weeeeeee bit too small.

So - what am I talking about, you may ask? Well, Fuzzy Feet, of course, from the Winter 2002 issue of Knitty.

I was inspired by Nicole of Stash and Burn fame to knit some Fuzzy Feet. I'm using Patons Soy Wool Stripes. I guess I left my fuzzy foot in the wash too long, because it is a little too tight on my foot, although I can wear it -- but I won't. I plan to make another one to replace it and then make the second foot, making them both a little bigger. Fortunately, I had only made one foot and felted that to see what the outcome would be. The first foot only took about 6 hours to complete, including the felting, so not too bad.


Pre-Felted Fuzzy compared to a normal sized sock



Pre-Felted Fuzzy alone



Post-Felted Fuzzy on my foot - looks OK, but its too tight around my toes
Yikes! It hurts!



Fuzzy & Scooter





THE SCOOP - Fuzzy Wuzzy with no Flair
Pattern: Fuzzy Feet by Teresa Vinson Stenersen
Source: Knitty - Winter 2002
Date: Cast On: 09.17.07 // Cast Off: 09.17.07
Yarn: Patons, Soy Wool Stripes, Natural Pink (1 skeins/1 foot); 70% wool/30% soy
Needles: Size 10 US (6.5mm), Clover Bamboo circular needles, 29"
Method: Magic loop, cuff down

Now that I have a better idea of the felting process I can better guage my next attempt...and here it is.

Post-Felted Fuzzy #1 compared to Pre-Felted Fuzzy #2



This is the second attempt of the first foot. I added 5 extra rows to the cuff, 4 extra rows to the heel flap and 8 extra rows to the foot. I'm going to go ahead and knit up the second foot and felt them both at the same time. If they fit, great. If they don't, oh well. I enjoyed the knitting and that's what really counts.

THE SCOOP - Fuzzy Wuzzy - 2nd attempt
Pattern: Fuzzy Feet by Teresa Vinson Stenersen
Source: Knitty - Winter 2002
Date: Cast On: 09.18.07 // Cast Off: 09.18.07
Yarn: Patons, Soy Wool Stripes, Natural Pink (1 skeins/1 foot); 70% wool/30% soy
Needles: Size 10 US (6.5mm), Clover Bamboo circular needles, 29"
Method: Magic loop, cuff down

No comments: