Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Obssessed

I got up at 5am this morning to start work on the second foot of my second attempt at my Fuzzy Feet. I made it all the way through the gusset decreases in just 2 hours. Now it's just the foot and toe and then washing machine - here I come. I may or may not be able to finish the knitting at lunch today. We'll see.

Unfortunately, the striping is not lining up. I wasn't able to start the color change at the same point on both feet because there is not enough yarn in one skein to do it. Each foot takes almost a complete skein so there's no room to skip parts of color. I suppose I could have cut and spliced, but that would not be fun. Oh, well - I can live with it. Besides, who knows if this pair will even fit. I'll consider myself lucky if they do fit.



The reason for my obssession?? - for my mad dash to the finish line??

I was inspired by this. This is the August Rockin' Sock Club sock, knit by Pat. When I first received the kit, I was very UNINSPIRED. I thought the colorway was awful, but seeing Pat's version truly changed my mind and now I can't wait to get started, but I want to finish my Fuzzy Feet first.

I forgot to take a picture of the hank before I wound it into two balls, so all you get here is a picture of it in the balls and the teeny-weeny hank that comes with it. It is the Socks That Rock light weight yarn, Flower Power. The pattern for August is Summer of Love Lace by JC Briar. The cuff is first worked flat and then joined and the remainder of the sock is then worked in the round from the top down.

1 comment:

KnittingMoose said...

I know what you mean...I'm liking all of the photos I've seen of those socks a lot more than I thought I would! I still have to finish my Solstice Slip socks though...