Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Frogs Legs & Other Delicacies

Well - I had to take a trip to the frog pond with my Inside Out Socks. The cable pattern on the leg is just too tight of a pattern. I initially used size 0 (2.0mm) CN's, but pulling the socks over my heels is a bit tough. I can get the sock on and it fits well - it's just getting it on that's the problem. I kind of have to pull the heel to get the sock all the way on. It works, but I'd rather have an easier time of putting the sock on & off. I'm going to try a size 1 (2.5mm). I hope this doesn't leave the sock too loose on my leg. That is a possibility, because with the smaller needles, once I managed to get the sock on, the fit was perfect. I'll never know, though, until I try.

I had actually knit 42 rows of the cable pattern before I decided to frog. That was almost the complete sock (and two at that!). Oh, well, I'm more of a process knitter anyway, so I don't mind doing it all over again.

Here are a few pictures before my socks went RIBIT:





2 comments:

Pat said...

I used 1s on the leg (0s everywhere else) and they slide on without difficulty - good luck!!

Kay said...

Wow, your socks are striping and zig-zagging just the opposite of mine. And they look beautiful. Too bad you had to frog them. But you will be happier not having to argue with them to get them over your heel. Mine could be a bit looser on the leg, but they still feel good!