Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too cold on the shoulders...

Here's a picture of my Princess Wrap with the buttons sewn on. The sweater is a bit too wide in the neck line to the point where it falls off my shoulders if I am not careful. (...exactly what I feared would happen with this type of design...). I was thinking of knitting some kind of edging along the neck, but instead, I may just sew in a "thingy" in each shoulder that hooks around under the bra strap to hold the shoulders in place. I think that will be easier than trying to figure out an edging that will look right.



WRAPPING THE STATS
Pattern: Wrap Pullover by Cecily Glowik
Source: Classic Elite Publication #9084, Uptown Knitting
Date: Cast On 11.22.07 // Cast Off 01.10.08
Yarn: Classic Elite Princess, 8 skeins; Classic Elite Duchess, 2 skeins; Privileged Plum
Needles #1 - Sleeves & Body: Size 8 US (5.0mm), Clover Bamboo circular needles, 29"
Needles #2 - Hem: Size 10 US (6.5mm), Clover Bamboo circular needles, 29"
Note #1: Knitting sleeve/body two at a time
Note #2: Knit the smallest size for a smaller neckline, but added an extra inch for total width
Note #3: For bottom hem, knit the smallest size, but cast on 4 extra stitches (see note #2 above)

1 comment:

KnittingMoose said...

Good idea! I've used those before (they're like little pieces of 1/2" ribbon with a snap) and they work well for that.

Nice sweater!