Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's all in the Bag

This is my sock project bag. Just thought I'd share...



It contains a row counter, a picture tutorial of the magic loop cast on, the Magic Loop book, notes I've jotted down during sock knitting, a pencil & paper (for the note taking), some patterns, a yarn cutter, markers, a few safety pins (I use one to mark the start of my round), a needle for the finishing process and two Addi Turbo needles, both size 1 US (2.25mm), although one is 40" & the other is 47" long. I start out with the 40" and then I use the the 47" when I have to p/u stitches and begin the gusset. I have not figured out how to do this part on just one circular. But - once I've picked up all the gusset stitches, I go back to using just the one needle. I prefer to use the 40" size for the socks and just use the 47" during the gusset phase. Working with the 47" during the actual knitting process was too cumbersome - the loops were just too big & got in the way.

No comments: