Friday, December 09, 2005

QUICK & EASY Finished Objects

As we did last year, we will be having a holiday gift exchange at work. For our holiday luncheon, we will be taking a cruise out on the bay. It will be freezing cold, but fun.

I made this hat & scarf for Jodi. I think it will suit her quite well. She likes to ski, so hopefully she'll get some use out of this.



THE PARTICULARS

Hat
1 skein (+ a tiny bit of a 2nd skein) Lion Boucle in the Taffy #930-213 colorway
US 9 circular needles - knit in the round
Basic stockinette stitch
Start: Friday, 12.02.05
Finish: Saturday, 12.03.05
Estimated Time: about 2 hours

Scarf:
2 skeins Lion Boucle in the Taffy #930-213 colorway
US 10.5 circular needles
Basic garter stitch, knit until no yarn left
Start & Finish: Friday, 12.02.05 <--> Saturday, 12.03.05
Estimated Time: about 2 hours

*******************************************

This pretty blue scarf was made for Marianne. It's nice & fluffy and quite warm!! I know she's going to love this.





THE PARTICULARS

Scarf:
2 skeins Moda Dea Fur Ever in the Blue Heaven #3841 colorway
US 10.5 circular needles
Basic garter stitch, knit until no yarn left
Start & Finish: Monday am before work and pm after work, 12.05.05
Estimated Time: 2 hours --> NOW THAT'S QUICK!!!

*******************************************

Last but not least is this pink scarf I made for myself. This was my "take a break from the Frost Flowers & Leaves shawl" project. I needed some mindless knitting, and this wonderful pink color was calling my name. I didn't realize it at first, but there are "sparkles" in this. Pretty cool!!



THE PARTICULARS

Scarf:
2 skeins Moda Dea Zing in the Icy Pink #1724 colorway
US 10.5 circular needles
Basic garter stitch, knit until no yarn left
Start & Finish: I forget, but it was towards the end of November 05 sometime...
Estimated Time: probably about 2 hours

*******************************************

Here's a picture of these 4 projects thrown together just because I felt like it.

1 comment:

Betty Ann said...

Everything you make is gorgeous and the fact that they're fast is just bonus.