Thursday, February 02, 2006

Frost Flowers & Leaves - FINISHED!!!

As the header suggests, I have finished the FF&L shawl. It took a little less than 4 hanks of KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud and a little less than 4 1/2 months. The picture below is the shawl before blocking. It currently measure about 37" x 37". I'll probably do the blocking this weekend.



STATS: Frost Flowers & Leaves
Pattern: Frost Flowers & Leaves from the book, A Gathering of Lace
Time: Start - Sept 25, 2005 // Finish - Feb 02, 2006 (about 4 1/2 months)
Yarn: Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud, Peppermint --> not quite 4 hanks
Needles: Circular, size 3 US, (3.25mm) using a variety of lengths (16", 24", 29", and 40"); Inox for the first 3 lengths & Addi Turbos for the 40"
Cast-On: Magic Loop
Chart 2 Pattern Repeats: FIVE
Edging: Pattern change - right cable rather than wrapped stitch

***************************************************
As far as what to work on next: I have a pair of Jungle Stripes socks OTN that I have not worked on because I was enjoying the FF&L shawl way too much to stop... So, I'll work on those for a while until next Friday, when I'll begin the Flower Basket Shawl for the Knitting Olympics. I'm going to use KnitPicks Essential sock weight yarn in dusk.

3 comments:

handknit168 said...

It is very great that u have completed the FF&L shawl. It is very beautiful. I am very afraid to start knitting such a shawl for it takes time. U are so brave to start another new shawl.

Annie said...

That FFL is absolutely fabulous! Maybe I should actually start mine! What a great job, a true heirloom. You must be very proud.

Anonymous said...

Blocking a square is easy. Just thread a very long piece of contrasting yarn along each side and pin out the corners to the desired size. I'm sure there's a reference to it somewhere on line.

After all that complicated knitting, don't be afraid of a simple thing like blocking!