Monday, February 20, 2006

Knitting Olympics Lace Event - going for gold

I finished the Flower Basket Shawl this weekend. I was able to manage 14 repeats out of the yarn, with just a little left to spare. Whew!! That was close -- a photo finish, I would say. The picture below shows the bit of yarn left over.



And here are some pictures before blocking. I hope to do the blocking within the next day or so. I had ordered some blocking wires 2 weeks ago, so expect those to arrive any day. If not, I'll just have to block her with pins. Afterall, in order to win GOLD, my project needs to be completely finished (see rules here) by the time the olympic flame goes out. That includes darning in all ends and blocking.






***************************************************
THE KNITTY GRITTY
Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl, (a Fiber Trends pattern by Evelyn Clark)
Time: Cast on - Feb 10, 2006 // Cast Off - Feb 19, 2006
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential in DUSK --> 3 skeins
Needles: Circular, size 6 US (4.0 mm), using a variety of lengths (16", 24" and 32"); Clover Bamboo for the two smaller sizes, Susan Bates-Silverado for the 32"
Cast-On: Figure 8
Lower Flower Basket Chart: FOURTEEN repeats
Extra Note: Knit for the Knitting Olympics, Team USA - Lace

2 comments:

Suzetta said...

Very nice, hope you find those blocking wires.

Love the kitty bed too.

Norah said...

Woohoo! Beautiful shawl.