Thursday, February 16, 2006

Knitting Olympics - Day 6



I am coming along nicely on the Flower Basket Shawl. I am through the 6th row of the 11th repeat of the lower basket chart. However, I think I am only going to be able to complete 12 repeats before I start the edging. If I go any farther, I think I will run out of yarn, and I do not think I can get any more before the olympic flame goes out. One skein got me through about 9,300 sttiches. I am nearing the end of my 2nd skein (I only have 3 total) and I have knit about 18,100 stitches, or about 8,800 for the 2nd skein. That means I have about 500 stitches left with this skein, which would get me through about 2 more rows, not even completing the 11th repeat. With 14 repeats, I calculated about 31,100 total stitches for the shawl, but at my current run rate, I can only get about 27,900 sttiches out of the 3 skeins I have. With 12 repeats, the completed shawl will be about 24,700 so that looks like what I will have to go for. Based on the 12 repeats, I am about 73% complete.

1 comment:

Norah said...

It looks great. Too bad about the yarn running out though. But it should look good anyway....