Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Haven't knit in days...

I wore my Field of Flowers shawl for the first time today and received many compliments. One was even from my boss who has never ever complemented me before. He said I "looked nice." All my other comments were from my female coworkers who all said my "sweater" was beautiful. Naturally, I told them it was a shawl and that I had knit it myself. Boy, do I feel good.

I've been pretty bad lately in the knitting department. I haven't knit for 2 days!!! It's not because I've been busy, though. It's almost out of fear, I think. I've kind of been afraid to work on my FF&L shawl because I am so afraid of making a mistake. I am nearing the end of the first repeat of chart 2 and have soooooo many stitches now, that I think I am getting a little overwhelmed. And - the stitches are only going to continue to multiply. I hate to say it, but I have this feeling of dread. I hope it goes away. Oh well, I will take a deep breath and work on it some more this afternoon.

Maybe I'm just stressed out a little. It's been real busy here at work with our year-end. At least Earnings Release is over & done with. But everywhere I turn, I have a forecast due. We also just signed the documents for our refinance so I've been real busy with that as well. Must be the finance person in me, but I had my nose to the grind stone, calculating on the side what I thought all the final costs would be. Fortunately, my calculations agreed to the lender/title company calculations. I'm glad that's all completed now. The only major item left in the near future is Jacob's Bar Mitzvah which is only 2 1/2 weeks away. I still need to order hors d'oeuvres for Friday night services. The photographer is all taken care of. The DJ is pretty much taken care of, as well. I still need to finalize the menu for the luncheon on Saturday and work out the table seating. That will be the hardest thing to do.

It's probably all of these things in my life that our giving me this dread feeling with regards to my knitting. But, as I said, I will knit a little this afternoon and get back into my old groove. There's nothing like knitting for relaxation and for smoothing out the rough edges.

No comments: