Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Fail Safe Progress

Here are some progress pictures of the Fail Safe Socks. As always, Cleo likes to be a part of my knitting. The first 2 pictures are after 2 repeats of the pattern.






These next 2 pictures are after 5 repeats. That's long enough. The next step will obviously be the heel.





I certainly like the way the colors are patterning this go round. With the 56 stitch cast on, it was pretty ugly. The green almost looked like a dingy grey because of the way it was coming up against the other colors. With the 64 stitch cast on, more of the "pastel-i-ness" is showing through.

UPDATED Stats:
Cast on: 11.05.06 (64 sts)
Yarn: KnitPicks Memories, Paper Dolls
Needle: 2S1C; size US1 (2.5mm); Additurbos, 40"
Pattern: Elongated Corded Rib
Source: Sensational Knitted Socks, Charlene Schurch
Method: Magic Loop
Cuff: 15 rnds; (k2,p2 rib)
Leg: 5 repeats of the Elongated Corded Rib patttern

KAL:

I officially joined the Sensational Knitted Socks KAL yesterday.

I also joined Lacevember - . This is a lace KAL only active during the month of November. Hopefully, it will give me the push I need to make some progress on my Icarus shawl.

No comments: