Thursday, November 09, 2006

The heels - they are done (& so is the gusset)

I finished the heels last night. I used my old stand by pattern - Eye of Partridge, for 32 rows. The patterning of EOP really makes the heel stand out. Turning the heel is my absolute favorite part of the sock to knit. I just love the way it quickly takes shape.

In the following couple of pictures, I was messing with the flash so these are kind of dark.

No flash





With flash



This morning before work (**meaning: this morning at 5am**) I completed the gusset. Although I use the Magic Loop method for knitting 2 socks on 1 circular (2S1C), when it comes time to picking up the gusset stitches I always have to grab a second needle. I haven't figured out yet how to do this on just one needle. So, without further ado, here's a couple pics of my socks, each on its own separate needle. This is the ONLY time you will see this happen. (Oh, and by the way - I did use the flash this time).



Finally - here are my socks, back on just ONE needle!!!! Now it's time for the gusset decreases. I am going to keep the elongated corded rib pattern in tact on the instep.


Stay tuned for more updates....

No comments: